Engineer In Training (EIT) is a professional designation from the NCEES. As engineer professionals begin their careers, they take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam to get the EIT Certification.
Getting your EIT certification is a big step toward excelling in your engineering career. Eventually, Engineers in Training can get a Professional Engineer (PE) license.
How to get your EIT Certification
- Download your FE Exam Specifications to understand which topics you must cover. Depending on your discipline, this will include 14-17 different subjects.
- Download your NCEES FE Reference Handbook and get familiar with the layout. We do not recommend buying a hard copy because you will use the PDF version of the handbook during your exam.
- Buy an approved calculator to use while studying and during your exam.
- Find up-to-date study material and has the topics that align with your exam’s specifications.
- Make a study plan to help you stay on track with small, obtainable goals leading up to your exam date. Include checkpoints such as taking practice exams.
The FE exam is a computer-based exam and is graded on a scaling score. Examinees’ results are based on the total number of correct answers, and there are no deductions for wrong answers.
Before enGENIEer, I was spending 20-30 hours a week studying other course material and teaching myself what the class did not. This number dropped drastically to 15 hours a week with Kenza’s course.
Student & EIT
I learned so much through her short courses and never felt overwhelmed. She does a superb job at breaking everything down to bite sized pieces and doesn’t waste time on unnecessary topics like in other programs out there.
This is a game changer, trust me! I’ve been out of school for 3 years and tried this exam multiple times with the help of different books, online courses, practice problems etc., but nothing worked. This course is exactly what I needed to pass. Kenza goes over all the concepts, which is extremely important and her practice problems are up-to-date. She will teach you exactly what you need to pass and she will give you tips on how to tackle certain problems.